We will provide food support for children in elementary and junior high schools.
August 30, 2021 1:25 PM ｜ Others
We will provide food support.
As part of efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19, schools in Tsukuba City will stop providing lunches for early September. In response to this, we will provide food support for children in elementary and junior high schools who are unable to have lunch at home due to household financial difficulties, parents/guardians being ill or other reasons.
Children in elementary and junior high schools who are unable to have lunch at home due to household financial reasons, parents/guardians being ill or other reasons, will be eligible for this support.
- In terms of household financial reasons, children of households receiving welfare aid or equivalent income situation will be eligible. We will confirm the applicants' income status.
- In terms of parents/guardians being ill, it is a situation where parents/guardians cannot provide meals for their children due to being severely ill physically or mentally, or being disabled.
What is provided
We will provide a ten-day supply of light meal packages. (A food package includes microwavable instant rice, retort pouch food, instant noodles, bread, etc.)
How to apply
1. Please call the Children Welfare Office in Tsukuba City Hall: 029-883-1111 (Open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m., except Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays). We will check applicants' income status and notify whether they are eligible by phone.
2. Please note that city staff in charge of food support will check applicants' tax data to confirm their household income status.
- Depending on the applicants' household situation, we will connect them to appropriate support such as consultation for Support for Independent Livelihood and Protection.
- If you are not sure whether your child is eligible, please call the Children Welfare Office so that we can discuss.
Please apply by Tuesday, August 31, at 3:00 p.m.
Free of charge
When to provide food packages
Saturday, September 4, 2021
We will inform the location when we notify whether you are eligible.
How to pick food packages up
Please pick your food packages at the designated location at the above-mentioned time and date.