Health Promotion Division
- City Hall 1F, No.24
- Mon-Fri 8:30-17:15
- Sat, Sun, Holidays, Dec.29-Jan.3
Oho Health Center TEL: 029-864-7841
Sakura Health Center TEL: 029-857-3931
Yatabe Health Center TEL: 029-838-1100
●Mother and Child Health Handbook
When you get pregnant, submit Pregnancy Notification issued at a medical institution to Health Promotion Division at City Hall or a public health center. Receive Mother and Child Health Handbook and medical checkup coupons for women during pregnancy and women after child birth.
●Medical checkups for expectant mothers
Expectant mothers may receive subsidies for checkup expenses (14 times at maximum depending on the weeks of pregnancy). Use the "medical checkup tickets for expectant mother" and receive medical checkup at the cooperating medical institutions within Ibaraki prefecture.
●Medical checkups for new mothers
New mothers may receive subsidies for checkup expenses (up to 2 times, one time 2 weeks after giving birth and one time one month after giving birth). Use the "medical checkup tickets for new mother" and receive medical checkup at the cooperating medical institutions within Ibaraki prefecture.
●Health Checkup Coupons for Infants
Health Checkup Coupons for Infants will be sent to your address 2 months after your baby is born.
Infants may receive medical checkups for free, depending on the month age.
- Infants can receive medical checkups twice for free. The first time is between the ages of 3 months and 6 months, the second time is between the ages of 9 months and 11 months. Use the "medical checkup tickets for infants" and receive medical checkups at the cooperating medical institutions.
- A notice will be sent for the 18 months old checkup.
- Dental checkup for 2 year olds should be done between the ages of 2 years and 2 years and 6 months. Use the "dental checkup ticket for 2-year-old children" and receive dental checkup at the cooperating medical institutions.
- A notice will be sent for the 3 years old checkup.
●Vaccination Coupons for Infants
Vaccination Coupons for Infants will be sent to your address 2 months after your baby is born.
In Japan, there are routine vaccinations which children must receive at particular ages designated under the Preventative Vaccination Act, and optional vaccinations which parents decide whether the child should receive the vaccination or not.
Those who moved into Tsukuba City
Please come to Health Promotion Division with the vaccination record if you are an expectant mother or if you have a child younger than 7 ⅟₂ years old.
●Subsidy for Fertility treatment project
Tsukuba city will provide subsidy for fertility treatment under certain conditions such as those who receive fertility treatment subsidy from Ibaraki prefecture. For more information, please contact the Health Promotion Division.